HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- By making a reservation.
- By using Sparkling Hill Resort services.
- By signing up to our electronic newsletter.
- By visiting our website.
- By providing information in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
1. Making a Reservation
To facilitate bookings and provide services we collect personal information.
The required information is:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Zip/Postal code
- Phone Number
Optional information is:
- Middle Initials
- Fax Number
When the reservation form is completed, your credit card number will be verified using a checking sequence, and once this is confirmed payment is authorized for the reservation. The form is secure, such that your credit card number is protected with encryption technology. Purchasing transactions are facilitated by the third party Credit Card Merchant in Canada who is required to protect the privacy of your Personal Information. Sparkling Hill does not keep any of the information, it is all tokenized in compliance with the PCI requirements. https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you book such products, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request. Sparkling Hill Resort may use information you provide to send you offers and information about our services and products. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by using the link contained in the electronic mail.
2. Using Sparkling Hill Resort Services
Sparkling Hill Resort uses your information in order to facilitate your booking and provide services. Information is only shared with employees who, in our best judgement, need access in order to complete their tasks.
3. Signing up to Sparkling Hill’s Electronic Newsletter
Sparkling Hill Resort maintains a database of Guest information which is used for marketing, promotion and research purposes. Guests may subscribe to this database by using the online email sign-up process. This information is only used by Sparkling Hill Resort and is not provided or sold to any third parties. Any information sent includes instructions on unsubscribing.
4. By visiting our website
Our website uses "cookies" for record-keeping purposes and to distinguish between each unique guest visiting the website.
Information is also collected if you complete the ‘Request for Group Reservations’ online form. This information is used only by our Sales department to respond to your inquiry.
5. Information provided in comment cards
Information provided is used for recording feedback and comments, communicating with you in response to them, reviewing them with the staff, for the purpose of recognizing employees for exemplary service delivery and for improving service.
6. Marketing Initiatives
We may collect information through marketing initiatives including contests, promotions, offers and polls. These initiatives may be online, on the resort, at consumer shows or via social media.
This information may be used to send you newsletters and to advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that we feel may be of interest to you. In order to do this, your information may be shared with a third party, including a customer relationship management contractor and/or a marketing and communications contractors.
Why Personal Information is collected
1. To create and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with guests and customers and to provide ongoing service.
2. To understand guests requirements and preferences. We store information regarding the products and services we provide to you and on some occasions may request further information to provide services.
3. To improve existing products and services and develop new products, services and options.
4. To deliver products and services, manage operations and anticipate business requirements.
5. To meet British Columbia’s legal and regulatory requirements.
Please address any questions or concerns you have to our Privacy Officer Kara Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please write to us at:
Sparkling Hill Resort,
888 Sparkling Place,
Attention: Privacy Officer