CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: AARON
WORK RELATED1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
I have worked at Sparkling Hill for 3 years.
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
What I like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort, specifically Sparkling Hill, is the opportunity to educate guests about the Cryo Cold Sauna. The Cryo Cold at Sparkling Hill is the first in North America and this aspect has allowed me to meet many different people that have come specifically for treatments.
3. What is your role and what does a typical day in your role look like?
I am a Valet and Bellman. A typical day involves parking cars, being the first to greet guests arriving at Sparkling Hill, delivering luggage to guest’s rooms and providing an abundance of concierge services/knowledge.
4. What is your favourite part of your job/what do you find most satisfying?
My favourite part of being a Valet at Sparkling Hill is parking all the different kinds of cars! I also enjoy giving guests concierge advice about the hiking trails here and anything to do with the outdoors.
5. What is something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?
There have been many times that I have done little things to wow a guest and make their day; it is difficult to pick one time in particular! One specific occasion I was taking a group to their room and they asked me if there was any way that the other part of their group could be moved closer to them, I was able to request this and the guests were moved to be next to their group. This is something that makes guests extremely pleased and I am glad to do it when it is available.
LIFE IN GENERAL1. Tell us about your background. Where are you originally from?
I am originally from Nanaimo and I moved to Vernon 6 years ago.
2. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
When it comes to work I am very passionate about making guests happy and ensuring that they have an enjoyable stay.
3. What do you enjoy doing most during your freetime? What are you favourite hobbies?
In my free time I enjoy mountain biking, hiking and anything in the outdoors.
4. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
The best thing about living in the Okanagan is the relaxing and healthy lifestyle and of course the lakes and scenery that we have here.
5. What is your favourite food?
My favourite food is sushi.
6. Where in the world have travelled to? What took you there?
I have travelled mostly around British Columbia for mountain biking and it has taken me to Whistler and Garibaldi Lake.
7. Which destination would you most like to visit and why?
I would like to go to Queenstown New Zealand, it is very beautiful there and the mountain biking is amazing.
8. What is your favourite book?
My favourite book is “A Series of Unfortunate Events”.
9. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
If I could have any superpower I would choose teleportation.
10. Who has been your hero? Someone that you look up to in life?
Stevie Smith, he was a professional downhill mountain biker.
11. How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I incorporate health and wellness into my life by eating healthy and staying active.
Thursday, May 05 2016
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story