CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH : ALEXANDRA
For our June 2015 issue we chose to feature Alexandra – Housekeeping Team Lead. We sat down with her on a lovely sunny afternoon here atop Sparkling Hill and found out more about what drives her passion for service excellence.
1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?I have been employed at Sparkling Hill Resort for the past two years.
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?I really enjoy my interaction with guests. The type of guests we have at the resort are very relaxed, happy to be here and are quite pleasant.
3. What is your role and what does a typical day in your role look like?I am the Head Team Lead in the Housekeeping department and a typical day in my role entails providing support to my housekeeping team both with jobs tasks and also with the emotional labour that is involved in the service industry.
4. What is your favourite part of your job/what do you find most satisfying?I find it most rewarding to see the quality of my work when a room has been turned over and ready for our incoming guests – the before and after picture.
5. What is something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?I think it is the little details that count, whether it be putting rose petals in someone’s room for their anniversary or asking someone where they are visiting from. We have guests literally from all over the world.
6. Tell us about your background. Where are you originally from?I am from Armstrong, British Columbia. I am currently pursuing my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and I have aspirations of also pursuing my Master of Arts in Social Work.
7. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?My family and friends definitely. More specifically, being the eldest child I look forward giving advice to my younger brother and sister. This gives me a sense of fulfillment.
8. What do you enjoy doing most during your free-time? What are you favourite hobbies?I enjoy reading a good novel when school books are not keeping me busy.
9. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?Being an avid hiker, I enjoy the nature trails and rugged beauty of the Okanagan region.
10. What is your favourite food?Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-cream.
11. Where in the world have you travelled to? What took you there?I travelled to Australia as part of my school program and lived in Canberra, the capital. This was an eye-opening experience for me as it was my first time leaving North America.
12. Which destination would you most like to visit and why?I love Thai food and the culture so I would really like to visit Thailand.
13. If you could have any superpower what would it be?The ability to read minds! How cool would it be to answer questions or respond to requests before they have been asked of you?
14. Who has been your hero? Someone that you look up to in life?
I look up to my parents. As a family, we have grown stronger over the years and their perseverance has taught me that anything is possible once you put your mind to it!
15. How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?The stairs at work keep me in shape! In addition to that, I am active on the many nature trails around the region.
16. What are words that you live by/ favourite quote?“Be happy.” I always share this with my team as well – we have the power to set the tone for our day.
17. What is your favourite colour?Pink, I feel it expresses happiness and who I am at heart.
Saturday, June 06 2015
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story
- Meet the Management Team