CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: AMANDA
For our December 2015 issue we chose to feature Amanda – Event Assistant here at Sparkling Hill. We sat down with her on a beautiful sunny winter afternoon here atop Sparkling Hill and found out more about what drives her passion for service excellence.
1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
I have been with Sparkling Hill for just over one year.
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
I really like the people, how friendly everyone is. Also, coming up the mountain here atop Mount Royce every morning and thinking how beautiful it is to be tucked into nature overlooking Lake Okanagan.
3. What is your role and what does a typical day look like in your role?
I am the Event Assistant in our Events Department. I am responsible for tasks assigned to me by our Event Manager. Typically these might include finalizing rooming lists, invoicing, handling phone and e-mail event inquiries. I also prepare Banquet Event Orders and I am very much involved in setting up for weddings.
4. What is your favourite part of your job?
I absolutely love all aspects of weddings – especially being there in the exciting atmosphere, seeing the beautiful brides and décor on their special day.
5. Describe something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/make a guest’s day?
One memorable gesture was when my colleague and I were able to place rose petals along with a swan made out of towels in the room of a bride and groom who were having their wedding with us.
6. Tell us about your background. Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised here in Vernon. Prior to coming to Sparkling Hill, I lived in Calgary for sometime to explore possible career opportunities in a different environment from the Okanagan.
7. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
My family, friends, boyfriend and my dog ‘Sage’ who is a Beagle Basset Shih Tzu.
8. What do you enjoy doing most during your free time? What are you favourite hobbies?
I am actively engaged in Social Media and also the highlight of week is my Tuesday (which is my Saturday) ritual with my boyfriend – we have breakfast at our favourite spot and then we go shopping.
9. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
The beautiful views throughout this region are quite spectacular! Especially with Kalamalka Lake which is very close to the resort. The water turns to a stunning turquoise colour during the summer months. Being in the heart of the Okanagan Valley surrounded by mountains and lakes, and so many world-class wineries at our doorstep.
10. How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I enjoy exploring the outdoors, going on nature walks and going to the gym.
Saturday, December 12 2015
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story