CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: BEN
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I have been working for Sparkling Hill Resort for a year and half.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
That for the most part you have guests coming that want to relax and get rejuvenated which means you have less rowdy groups of people.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
I am a night auditor, our main job is to get the arrivals reg cards ready for the next day as well as balancing the various sources of revenue for the resort making sure that everything balances for the day. With the occasional noise complaint or domestic disturbance that we have to deal with.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
Making the day special for someone weather it is helping a guest who is having a difficult time or making a co-worker have a little better of a day.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST, OR MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
When a corporate group was in house and at the last minute wanted a coffee station set up for the guests from there group who was checking out that morning. So with the help of our lovely Peakfine morning staff was able to get that set up for them in time for the guest’s departures.
Life in General
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I am originally from Michigan in the USA. I have lived here for 20 years
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
Making videos, websites, travelling, and volunteering with various organizations
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVORITE HOBBIES?
Volunteering with the performing arts centre and the police. My favorite hobbies are making videos for special events and making websites for people.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
The nice weather, and the beautiful scenery we have!
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
New York City, I have always wanted to travel there.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
Ottawa, Washington DC, and London England because I enjoy history and learning about different countries.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK?
James Patterson Alert
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
To fly that way you can have a shorter commute to work and save on gas.
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
My dad he has a tough job and works long hours but he still makes sure that he is around when I have needed him through my whole life.
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
By having a good balance between work and personal life. Where for the most part when I leave work I can relax and enjoy my days off so I am ready to get back to work.
Friday, March 03 2017
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story