CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: BEV
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I started working at Sparkling Hill in 2013 and have taken time off during the past 3 years to go to school.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
Seeing guests come here and completely relax and experience the effects of staying at Sparkling Hill.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
I am a Junior Server specifically in the area of room service. During my day I answer all calls to room service and assist guests with anything they should need as well I assist our restaurant team internally.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
Visiting guests in their rooms, seeing the amazing views and meeting people from all over the world who have travelled to Sparkling Hill.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST/ MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
On one occasion I stayed in a guest’s room for an hour because she was having a very bad day and just needed someone to talk to. Since this time we have become friends and she visits Sparkling Hill quite often.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I am originally from Ghana but I grew up in England and then moved to Canada with my parents.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
Helping people and making them happy.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREETIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVOURITE HOBBIES?
I love drawing, painting, shopping and cooking.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
The best thing about living in the Okanagan is the beauty. I have lived in quite a few places and this is the most beautiful.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?
My favourite food is Jollof rice and fried plantain.
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
I have travelled from Ghana to England, and across western Canada moving with my parents.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
I would like to go to Cuba to experience the culture and the friendly people.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK?
Airframe written by Michael Crichton.
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I would choose to fly.
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
My parents have been my heroes, they are very hard working people and I definitely look up to them.
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I exercise a lot and eat well.
Monday, June 06 2016
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story
- Meet the Management Team