CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: BRANDY
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I have been here for 8 months, since May.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
I like people to feel good about themselves, it is also why I became a personal trainer previously. I enjoy helping people feel good and putting a smile on their face.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
I am a Linen Attendant/runner Supervisor at Sparkling Hill. My typical day includes opening the storage rooms for the team in the morning and helping them get ready for the day, also to ensure the stock is replenished. I assist the team where needed throughout the day to ensure that the guest rooms are stripped-down of linen, ready for the housekeepers to go in.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
My favourite part of my job is the people – both the people I work with and the guests that I meet. I also love the view from Sparkling Hill.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST, OR MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
I don’t have a lot of guest interaction, as I work mostly behind the scenes. But I love to help guests when I see them; I help with room amenities such as showing how to open our window-wall inside the rooms, and with directions.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I am originally from Prince George, and moved to Vernon with my best friend when we were 19 years old. I have made a life for myself here in Vernon, and I still live close to my best friend – she lives 4 houses down from me.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
I am most passionate about family, I wish I could see other family more often, and I love to spend time with my family in Vernon including my 3 year old son.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVOURITE HOBBIES?
I love to hang out with my son, and I have a new-found hobby of baking – which is coming in handy for the holiday season!
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
The weather in the summer specifically, is one of the best things! It is such a beautiful place to live. I love going to the beaches, farmers’ markets and Davison Orchards – just being outside!
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?
Pop-corn! I just love pop-corn!
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
I have been to Mexico for my best friend’s wedding. As well as travelling across Canada: we lived in Winnipeg for a while and then travelled on a road trip to B.C. Also, a second road trip from Ontario to New Brunswick.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
I would like to go to Las Vegas; there’s just something about the place that’s cheesy and cliché that I think it would be so much fun!
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK?
I love to read, but I don’t have a particular favourite book. I like to read biographies manly, I find it interesting to read about different types of people.
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I think I would like to read people’s minds, or maybe telekinesis. I think it would be interesting to know how different people think and feel, much the same as when I read biographies.
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
My hero was my grandpa. He raised me by himself, and was my rock.
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I like to keep as active as I can, partly because of my son. I am glad that my job keeps me active and moving. I’m also conscious of what I eat, and like to eat fresh from the garden or famers’ markets. My mother-in-law has a vegetable garden and so we’re able to eat fresh from there, and I’d like to plant my own vegetable garden as well next spring.
Sunday, January 01 2017
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story
- Meet the Management Team