CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: MAGALY
CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH – July 2017 – Magaly
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
1st time here for a year, second time so far 9 months.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
Guest can focus on SELF CARE either by following as program designed for weight loss or self-care simply by enjoying the wonderful breathtaking views. Guests want to be here! Kurspa is one of a kind! Beautiful! There is no other like it.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Role is a Room Attendant – busy! Time flies! Work day is over before I know it. Number one priority is making the rooms look like a little piece of heaven guests can call their own.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
Favorite part of the job is the workout I get without having to go to the gym. But the real satisfaction come from hearing a guests say “WOW” as they open the door to their room. They’re experiencing pure joy and excitement being there.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST/ MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
I find most guests I have encountered are easy to please. First off, they’re already happy just being here. They fall in love with the crystals and beauty of the hotel. Anything we do for them they are so grateful. I was finishing a stay over service one day, leaving the rooms as the guests were returning. They were so surprised and grateful that the received new clean robes. It’s really satisfying to see/hear such appreciation over something so small yet so big.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
Born in Nicaragua, Central America. Came to Canada in 1988 (year of the Calgary Olympics) when I was 7 years old.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
Probably sounds corny but I’m passionate about goodness and positivity. Really loving your life, enjoy it for what it is. Are you happy? If so, great! If not, do something about it. / Life has so much to offer. Knowing that motivates me to do more, better, bigger things.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVORITE HOBBIES?
I try keeping busy all the time whether it’s taking care of my home (a clean home is priority), playing with my daughter, maybe have spa day at home!
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
The scenery! So many people travel for miles to get here and we call it our home. My husband and I don’t travel, we experience the Okanagan has to offer, wineries, lakes and beaches. We are tourists in our own town.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
Pasta, sushi, seafood, Indian, Mexican and the list goes on and on…
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
In Canada, only BC and Alberta. Been to Las Vegas and Nicaragua (In Vegas – saw Jennifer Lopez perform. She’s amazing!)
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
Hawaii. It’s my version of paradise.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
Captivated (I’ve forgotten the author’s name). Book changes my perspective on how to view myself.
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
I look up to those who keep a kind heart regardless of how life or people treat them. Those who have every reason to be bitter and hard but choose to continue loving life,
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I eat my green and stay physically active but most importantly always try to have a positive outlook in life.
Friday, July 07 2017
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story