CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: SEBASTIAN
For our November 2015 issue we chose to feature Sebastian – Sous Chef here at Sparkling Hill. We sat down with him on a beautiful sunny afternoon here atop Sparkling Hill and found out more about what drives his passion for service excellence.
1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
I have been with Sparkling Hill for almost 2 years.
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
I like that we are always creating new healthy options on our menus!
3. What is your role and what does a typical day look like in your role?
I am a Sous Chef in PeakFine primarily responsible for banquets from preparation and set-up to quality assurance with the meals.
4. What is your favourite part of your job?
My favourite part of my job is being given creative freedom to try new dishes and experiment with new culinary ideas. Also, receiving positive guest feedback always makes the day better!
5. Describe something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?
There was a corporate group with whom I was able to work with very closely regarding their dining options and I was able to meet multiple dietary requirements and still provide multiple options with which they were very pleased.
6. Tell us about your background. Where were you born and raised?
I am originally from Detmold, Germany.
7. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
Making guests happy and giving my best effort in the kitchen everyday!
8. What do you enjoy doing most during your free time? What are you favourite hobbies?
I really enjoy the outdoors – camping and fishing in particular.
9. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
I really love the Okanagan weather and the fact that there are so many small towns that are close by.
10. How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I am a very active person – I love being immersed in nature, walking and swimming in the lakes.
Wednesday, November 11 2015
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story
- Meet the Management Team