FARM TO TABLE – DISH UP SOBA NOODLES /POACHED EGG
DISH UP SOBA NOODLES WITH POACHED EGG – FREESTYLE!
This is one of my all-time favourite dishes as it’s very easy to prepare and can be eaten hot or cold. Plus, the poached egg enhances all the flavours while providing protein to sustain me during a hectic day!
1. Cook Soba noodles as per recipe on the box.
2. Boil water for poached egg.
3. From here I prefer to go freestyle. Using whatever I might find in the fridge, and strikes my fancy I pull together a variety of vegetables and sauces when working with this dish.
4. I like to use carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions and leek. Favourite sauces are Mirin and Soy sauce, with a dash of Lemon/Mandarin olive oil.
5. Sauté all ingredients in a wok or pan, add Soba noodles and raise the temperature while adding the liquids. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If you like it a tad more spicy, feel free to use pepperoncini oil or Thai chillies.
6. While sautéing vegetables, cook the poached egg to two minutes.
For plating, I prefer a bowl or soup plate. Place the Soba noodles in the centre, add the poached egg in the middle of the noodles and vegetables, sprinkle fresh cilantro on top and enjoy.
For more details on dining in PeakFine click here
About CHEF MARCO HERBERGS:
After receiving his Diploma as Master Chef of Professional Education and Training in 2004, Chef Marco Herbergs held the prestigious position of Executive Head Chef at the Treculinari AG, Restaurant Loewen in Meilen Switzerland until 2011, which was when he and his family made their life-long dream come true and immigrated to Canada. Their pursuit of a bounty of season ingredients, world class wines and the relaxed outdoor lifestyle is what led them to the Okanagan. Marco has honed his skills in some remarkable restaurants including Gasthof Loewen in Switzerland and the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. With over 17 years of experience in managing different Hotel Kitchens, he is an extremely motivated individual who strives for excellence in all areas of his life, which has been a strong attribute to his successful career as a Chef. His love for haute cuisine has him emphasizing local products and good quality which leads to good living. Chef Marco shops locally when possible and sources out the best product for each menu item to create the ultimate dining experience.
Saturday, December 12 2015
Posted by: CHEF MARCO HERBERGS
Categories:Farm to Table
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story