What are the benefits of having a BOD POD® assessment?
The BOD POD® is the gold standard of body composition measurement and can be used an indicator for overall health. The results you receive can provide information regarding the success of your nutrition and/or exercise program, monitor for obesity (a risk factor for major diseases), fine tune your athletic performance, and more.
How long does it take?
The entire assessment including discussion of your results is 30 minutes. You will be sitting inside the BOD POD® cabin for about 3 minutes. However, during that time, the door will be opened and closed between two to three 50-second trials.
What should I expect?
All you have to do is simply sit comfortably and quietly, relax, breathe normally and BOD POD® does the rest. You may notice a feeling similar to being in an elevator but most people are unaware of the slight pressure changes that take place.
How accurate is it?
The BOD POD® uses air displacement technology, considered to be the gold standard of body composition measurement. It is as accurate as hydro-static (underwater) weighing, but quicker and easier to perform. BOD POD® assessments are highly accurate, and can detect even small changes in body fat and lean body mass.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACHIEVING THE BEST RESULTS
- No food, drink or exercise at least 2 hours prior to assessment
- Use the restroom before (if necessary)
- Do not apply any lotions or skin creams prior to your assessment
- Remove all jewelry (if possible) , eyeglasses will be removed prior to assessment
- Wear minimal, form-fitting clothing (no padding or under-wires)
- Men: Thin fabric shorts, Lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or compression shorts
- Women: Lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or compression shorts and sports bra
- A swim cap will be provided to compress any air pockets within the hair