1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I have been with Sparkling Hill Resort for over 2 years now…
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
I love working with the people and all the unique guests that come and stay with us.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Housekeeping team lead, everyday is different as I work with a variety of people and manage a variety of tasks day to day,
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
I love the variety and dealing with the people. My job is never boring, I enjoy managing the day to day tasks and ensuring quality control.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST/ MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
Ensuring all the little day to day details are taken care of and our guests needs and expectations are met or surpassed.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I am from Cairns Australia, travelling all over the world is what brought me to Canada.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
I am passionate about travelling and helping people.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVOURITE HOBBIES?
I enjoy reading, I spend my free time researching new travel destinations, learning about other cultures and exploring the outdoors.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
Its a beautiful area and a relaxed atmosphere. I love that there are 4 distinct seasons and the variety of culture.
5. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU TRAVELLED TO?
I have travelled to 38 different countries so far and thoroughly enjoyed Europe and Scandinavia.
6. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
I plan to travel to Nepal, Tibet and would love to visit the Himalayas.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK?
The Messenger by Markus Zusak
8. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The ability to make peace
9. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
I was fortunate to have many strong female role models in my life but would say my grandmother and mother.
10. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I find working at Sparkling Hill emphasis health and wellness into my life on a daily basis. Being in such a health orientated environment constantly reinforces this and encourages me to be the best I can be.