1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I moved to Kelowna in May of last year and joined SHR in August, 2017.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
I focus on health and wellness in my day to day living and very much enjoy working in an environment that is aligned with my values.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Inside Sales for Corporate and Incentive Groups – I spend a large part of my day communicating with businesses and individuals whom are inquiring about holding a meeting or an event at the SHR. This initially starts with a proposal providing guest and event space rates and information, discussing how we can meet their requirements and preparing a contract for the event .
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
I enjoy meeting with potential guests providing them with a site tour and discussing how SHR is the right destination for their meeting or event. Many visitors have not been to the resort before and they are very excited about the property and the beauty of the area. From here working with them to finally receiving the signed contract is very satisfying as I know we will provide them with a wonderful, memorable experience.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST, OR MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
Everytime I complete a site tour I get a “Wow” as everyone is blown away with the beauty of the property and “the crystals” . As I am in sales, I greatly rely on every team to help create the “wow” for the guests – from events, front desk, maintenance, Food and Beverage, housekeeping and the Spa – it is when everyone works together to create that special experience for the guest – we make a “wow” experience, which then provides an opportunity for us to have them come back and also recommend our property to others.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I was born in Saskatoon and moved to Vancouver as a young adult where I worked with Corporate Business accounts in operations, sales and service with both Marlin Travel and American Express. I also spent some time running my own Interior Design company.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
Making this world a better place – giving someone a break. Everyone goes through ups and downs and good and bad times – extending a helping hand or some kindness can make a difference.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVOURITE HOBBIES?
I like being active – cycling, walking, hiking, golf, and socializing with friends and time with my family.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
There are many things – coming from Vancouver – the lack of traffic is wonderful. I love all the fresh fruits and vegetables, the colours of the pink sky and golden hill and the wineries and Okanagan Lake in the summer.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
Italian Food – fresh basil and olive oil flavours and Seafood
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
Working in the travel industry provided me with the opportunity to travel throughout Europe, Africa (Kenya and Zambia), Bali, Thailand, Hong Kong and Japan, Caribbean, Mexico and the US including Hawaii.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
I love to travel as I find it as learning experience and want to go back to Italy for an extended period of time, and Cambodia and Vietnam and walk part of the El Camino Trail.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
“The Glass Castle” – it gave me another perspective
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Not sure if it is a super power – but I would love to be able to write songs and sing – Music brings people together and creates harmony. When you hear a song from the past it often “brings you back to an event or memory”.
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
I would have to say my Dad and Oprah Winfrey. My Dad always took time to lend a helping hand and Oprah’s continued mission is to make the world a better place and help people be the best they can be.
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I work out regularly , focus on eating fresh foods, meditate to maintain a positive attitude, socialize and laugh with friends and family regularly and give back to community whenever and however I am able to.