Lost and Found
Visit the Sparkling Hill Resort Lost and Found for general information about the lost and found policies and who to contact if you are missing an item after your stay with us.
If we are unavailable at the time of your call, please leave a voicemail with your name and your room number during your stay as well as information on any items you are missing. We will do our best to contact you within 3 business days, whether we have located the missing item or not. If you are able to email us a description with details it would be very helpful in assisting us to find your missing items. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a team of agents that personally inspect every room upon checkout. They are organized to support early arrivals, room moves, extended stays, and late checkouts. Each morning after checking voicemails and emails, they begin by collecting the arrival information so they can prioritize all arrivals for the day. Typically, non-arrival rooms are worked in after check in time. Once an item is found, it is logged in our spreadsheet based on the date and room number - names are only included if valuables are found. If we have an item, we can offer three methods to return the lost item to our guests:
- Mail – Preference of Canada Post due to pricing and speed of delivery. We can use any requested mail carrier provided the guest has an account. We will need to confirm the following details before mailing out an item: Address, Email (as in guest folio), credit card information. Guest will be charged traditional mailing prices.
- Pick Up - If a guest is planning to return to Sparkling Hill or is close by, we can arrange for the item to be left at the front desk for a pick up. The Lost and Found team will speak with the guest to arrange date and email Front Desk with information. The item is then placed in the pickup area in back of our office
- Future Visit - Some of our guests return frequently and we will arrange for their item to be waiting in their room upon arrival. Everything is kept in the lost and found room just off the Housekeeping office and supervisor storage room for safety and security with Limited access after hours.
List of Items
Below is a list of the items we keep, and items we, unfortunately, cannot. We store the general items for 3 months, after which time, they are donated to local charities (Diabetes Association, Salvation Army and Value Village) if they are not claimed.
KEPT IN HOUSE (for 3 months)
- Clothing – aside from undergarments
- Electronic devices – toothbrushes, shavers, hair accessories
- Personal information – passports, license/ID cards, Care cards, wallets (These items are always stored in a locked safe for security)
- Accessories – pillows, blankets, dishes/glasses/cutlery, costume jewelry, various toys
- Shampoo and Conditioner – only in marked bottles
- Cleansers and contact solution
- Lingerie – exception to undergarments on a case by case basis
- Luggage/bags – not damaged
- Pool accessories – preferably deflated
- Books – donated to the library after 3 months
- Makeup – case by case
- Chargers – be as specific as possible with brand, size, colour, age/generation, laptops
- Cribs and unopened cleaning packages (diapers, wipes, creams, etc.)
KEPT IN HOUSE (up to a year)
- Jewelry - especially anything brand name
- Computers/cell phones
- Medicine – including diabetic needles. Note: we cannot ship medical marijuana but we can hold for pickup by guest with ID
NOT KEPT – thrown away
- Any disposable item – toothbrush/toothpaste, contacts, razers, soap and travel size shower items
- Food – unopened snacks are saved. Personally prepared goodies are thrown out
- Drinks – wine, beer, juices, etc.
- Used undergarments (not lingerie); used socks (especially one sock)
- Soiled clothing
- Damaged/broken items – broken earrings, luggage, clothing, shoes, pairs missing one item (socks) etc
- Contraband – needles, illegal drugs, paraphernalia
- Cigarettes or Cigars
- Opened cleaning wipes, diapers, sanitizers