1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
First the guests are very interesting and fun, Cheryl is a wonderful person to work for plus it is a beautiful place that is ran with professionalism and respect for employees and customers. It’s a great positive atmosphere to be part of.
3. What is your role and what does a typical day in your role look like?
My role is gift shop sales clerk. I can’t say any day is typical as the clients are all so diverse. It’s very enjoyable to help them select pieces to remind them of their visit to Sparkling Hill or assist them with purchases of swim wear or other clothing selections. Sometimes its just listening to their stories. Other duties are to help in the organizing and cleanliness of the gift shop. Overall try my best to make the customers stay enjoyable, and contribute to the functions of the gift shop.
4. What is your favorite part of your job/what do you find most satisfying?
The most satisfying part is Cheryl makes it easy to feel like I’m part of a team. I enjoy receiving new items and Contributing to the displays. It’s so nice to see how happy the customers are when they purchase and item that will remind them of their stay at the resort.
5. What is something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?
The lady that was really stuck in an unfortunate spot with no dress for the gala I lent her a dress as she was pretty much the same size as me. She was a little hesitant as she wasn’t sure what it would look like, I assured her she would look like a Hollywood movie star. When she got it she was thrilled and really looked and felt amazing. She wanted to pay me for it, but I just told her to pay it forward sometime to another person who would need help.
Life in General
1. Tell us about your background. Where are you originally from?
2. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
Positive, Active living, family, friends,
3. What do you enjoy doing most during your free time? What are you favorite hobbies?
Golf, cooking, socializing with friends and family, hiking, biking, skiing, reading, travelling
4. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
Great weather and a number of activities a person can do plus the local fresh food, also everyone I know wants to come visit so it’s never a dull moment
5. What is your favorite food?
Fresh fruit and vegetables
6. Where in the world have you traveled to? What took you there?
I have lived in Alberta, Ontario and now BC. Travelled to a number of places in California, Michigan and New York State
7. Which destination would you most like to visit and why?
My bucket list has Australia at the top, when I worked as a ski instructor I got to know quite a few Australians plus my husband would also like to see the great barrier reef
8. What is your favorite book?
Boom Bust Echo had the most influence on me
9. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
To rid the world of war and corruption
10.Who has been your hero? Someone that you look up to in life
On a personal level, it is my husband he is smart, sincere and honest. I have also had the opportunity to work under a very smart and progressive team leader Steve Laute he has lead CNRL for many years and is an extremely smart man.
11.How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I have always been active, eat healthy, and maintain a balanced life. Physical activities are: golf, biking, hiking, skiing, weight training. I’m fortunate to have great family relationships, and now have many friends here at Predator. Always try to never “sweat the small stuff”