Frequently Asked Questions
- There is little to no preparation required for a cold sauna treatment
- Some mild stretching could be performed prior to treatment but is not necessary; the goal of cold sauna treatments is to cool the body.
- To gain the full cooling benefits of the cold sauna, it is recommended guests wear a dry bathing suit (no metal) with socks and closed toe shoes. Shorts and a t-shirt are also acceptable. Remember, the goal is to cool the body. The more skin that is showing the greater benefit the cold will have.
- Protective head bands, face masks and mittens are provided
- Contact lenses are ok to wear. Eye glasses and jewelry are not allowed because of the intense cold. We would recommend not wearing hearing aids as many are temperature sensitive.
- We ask that before a cold sauna treatment session that you DO NOT exercise, drink any alcoholic beverages or partake in any of the sauna or steam rooms.
- Generally speaking, try not to raise your body temperature before your treatment
- We also ask that you come dry as excessive moisture on the skin may cause burning
- After a cold sauna treatment, the same heat rules apply
Please avoid hot tubs, pools, saunas, steams, and hot beverages as the increases in body temperature will counteract what was just achieved with the cold sauna treatment. The abrupt change in temperature may also cause unwanted nausea, headache, or dizziness.
**Movement classes or light exercise are acceptable to perform after a cold sauna treatment
- Before entry into the cold sauna, our qualified practitioners will make sure that you have not forgotten to take any jewelry or other objects that may affect the treatment. We will also check to make sure that your mask and head band and gloves are covering the necessary body parts.
- A maximum of 4 people can be in the cold sauna at the same time. A qualified practitioner will also guide, assist and motivate clients while in the cold sauna.
- We recommend a 5-10 day treatment plan of 3 treatments per day to yield maximum benefit. Treatments should be spaced 3-4 hours apart.
- 5 sessions would not yield the same potential benefits as 10 or more (for both short and long term effects)