We are joining people in over 150 different countries for the day to focus on our wellness. This beautiful day was started in Turkey by Belgin Aksoy in 2012 who believed that living well is a simple necessity for every human being on the planet. She asked the question – “Health is one of the most important issues of our lives, so why do we still not have a special day dedicated to living well?” Thus the idea was born.
Belgin created the following fundamental principles of the day:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
This day is entirely not-for-profit and participating businesses offer complimentary activities in fitness, workshops, and encouragement to begin your wellness journey, no matter where you are starting from. Sparkling Hill Wellness Resort is excited to be part of this global movement and has put together a day of activities for guests wishing to join in. Classes will be offered in person (with limited attendees) as well as virtually so that everybody can join in.
Check out www.globalwellnessday.org to learn more about the initiative.