CRYSTAL GEM OF THE MONTH: CHERIE
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I started working for Sparkling Hill Resort in September 2012
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
It is gratifying working in a wellness resort that offers holistic treatments that help guests achieve both physical and mental well-being.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIK?
I work as a body practitioner and I have been an esthetician and a skin care specialist for 20 years. My position allows me the variety of all the body treatments and working in beauty which allow me to continue learning new skills.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
I have been educated as a medical skin care specialist, and that is my passion. When a guest receives the information on skincare they are looking for and have a complete relaxing experience, I am satisfied.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST/ MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
Whenever a guest leaves my service and they feel that they have been served by a caring professional aiming for their personal satisfaction and relaxation I am hoping it is a “wow” moment!
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I moved to the Okanagan 38 years ago from Edmonton Alberta working as a youth and family counsellor. I have had a variety of occupations, everything from a house painter, cabinet maker to a commercial pilot before I became an esthetician.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
I have four children and four grandchildren. They motivate me to be young active and a better person.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES?
I love my Church and I play music, the stand-up bass. I have a dog I go hiking with and I have a great circle of friends.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
It’s Beauty and all the hiking trails and the lakes.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
My salads in the summer and my soups in the winter, anything caramel chocolate.
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
Belize, Mexico and Florida for the ocean and diving.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
Too many places and too many reasons I cannot pick one.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
The Bible, Gone with the Wind, and Outlander.
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
To open everyone hearts to kindness.
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
I have a friend who always tries to be there for others in every way.
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I try to eat well, hike and listen to my church services.
Tuesday, August 08 2017
Posted by: Sparkling Hill Resort
Categories:Crystal Gem of the Month
- Crystal Gem of the Month
- Do it naturally
- Farm to Table
- Fitness & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Insights from Kurspa
- Mindfulness with Dr. Strauss
- My Health Story