1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I have been working for Sparkling Hill Resort & Spa for just over 4 years now, I moved here from Prince George, located in Northern BC.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
I love interacting with the guests, they are always a fun bunch. The lake, the mountains, Okanagan is a most beautiful spot, puts a smile on my face everyday.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Pool operator, hosing down the decks, rebuilding pumps and everything in-between. Everyday is a new day and there is never a dull moment. I make sure all the temperatures are on point as there are different temperature points for each pool.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
Guest satisfaction, seeing the results on the guests face during their visits.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST/ MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
A couple had a stay here, her husband had Parkinson’s. Since diagnosed 15 years ago, he had never been in a hot tub. I showed his wife how to set up our in house handi-lift so that he could enter the hot pool during his stay and be self sufficient. I could see the excitement on the man’s face, from that day forward he was in the hot pool twice a day and I received a $20 tip. I found the whole experience very rewarding.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I am from Prince George, born in Vancouver and spent 6 months living in the Yukon.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
Life in general, my favourite saying is; Everyday I wake up breathing is a good day!
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVOURITE HOBBIES?
Travelling around the Thompson Okanagan and throughout BC, gardening and spending time with my lady of 16 years. I also enjoy cooking and reading.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
What’s not to like about living in the Okanagan? “Heaven on earth”
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?
Garlic – Baked Brie Garlic
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
Seattle, Port Townsend, NY and Croatia in ’69. Usually short trips or family related.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
Stonehenge England, Giza Plateau Egypt and similar old history sites.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK?
I love to read, the Lord of the Rings trilogy is one of my favourites.
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
“I am infinite conscience, all powerful”
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
David Bowie & Patti Smith (Musician, Poet and Storyteller)
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I eat well, better than I have in years. We have a local farmer to depend on. From June to September we receive weekly fresh organic products.