1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
I have worked at Sparkling Hill for 1 year.
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
I love seeing the results after giving a massage treatment for guests with long term health problems. It’s wonderful to see guests experiencing instant results.
3. What is your role and what does a typical day in your role look like?
I am a Massage Practitioner; a typical day involves giving many different types of treatments including: sports massages, couples massages, detox wraps, and some of our luxurious treatments.
4. What is your favourite part of your job/what do you find most satisfying?
My co-workers and the atmosphere at Sparkling Hill are the best parts of my job. Being able to contribute to the health and wellness of guests and personalizing their treatments is the most satisfying.
5. What is something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?
I wow guests by giving pain, mental, and emotional relief by personalizing every treatment. This can be anything from understanding their health and wellness needs to providing additional hot towels; I strive to make every appointment special.
Life in General
1. Tell us about your background. Where are you originally from?
I was born and raised in Vancouver with a background in fitness I am a certified with BCRPA and I was a personal trainer for 6 years. After this I was certified in reiki and massage therapy.
2. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
I am passionate about health and wellness. I love learning more about health and wellness as well as staying fit by going to yoga, swimming, and hiking.
3. What do you enjoy doing most during your freetime? What are you favourite hobbies?
I like going to the pool, steam and sauna, hiking, yoga, and open water swimming.
4. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
The best things about living in the Okanagan are the outdoors, fresh produce, fresh air and nature.
5. What is your favourite food?
My favourite foods are vegetables and fresh luxurious salads with avocado, strawberries, etc.
6. Where in the world have you travelled to? What took you there?
I have been to Hawaii and Jamaica multiple times. Both places I have been because of friends and of course, the beautiful fresh food and swimming in the ocean.
7. Which destination would you most like to visit and why?
I would like to visit Europe, specifically Italy because that’s where my family is from.
8. What is your favourite book?
My favourite types of books are those that have romance and characters that are healers.
9. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I would choose teleportation as my superpower, I could be anywhere I wanted to be right away!
10. Who has been your hero? Someone that you look up to in life?
Doreen Virtue – she is an amazing woman who teaches people to get over their fears and move forward in their lives.
11. How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I incorporate health and wellness into every aspect of my life. I truly believe that health and wellness is about mind, body and spirit. Taking care of yourself has to be a whole body and life experience.