1. How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
Just over a year.
2. What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
I am always learning new things that I can incorporate into my life and improve myself in some way. Also sharing this new information with people in my life and help them.
3. What is your role and what does a typical day in your role look like?
I am the Sales and Marketing Assistant. A typical day includes assisting the Sales and Marketing department, analyzing past and current statistics of the hotel, answering group sales and tour operator inquires and I also act as a liaison between the Sales and Marketing department, Events, and Front Desk.
4. What is your favourite part of your job/what do you find most satisfying?
The most satisfying part of my job is helping organize internal tasks and accomplishing these as well as assisting in group sales duties.
5. What is something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?
Because I don’t work directly with guest I work “behind the scenes” with groups and group organizers I have suggested and put groups in touch with attractions, wineries and activities in the Okanagan near Sparkling Hill Resort to ensure that the guests get a complete experience and enjoy all of the incredible amenities this region has to offer.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. Tell us about your background. Where are you originally from?
I grew up in England and stayed there to complete my Bachelors Degree in International Hospitality Management. I have worked in hospitality since I was 15 years old through various departments such as Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Front Desk and now Sales and Marketing.
2. What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
Accomplishing tasks and succeeding in those tasks. I know what I want in the future and I am very motivated in my daily life to ensure that I do everything in my power to get there.
3. What do you enjoy doing most during your freetime? What are you favourite hobbies?
I enjoy going to yoga, hiking, visiting wineries and Davidson’s Orchard in the summer, entertaining family and friends and touring them around the Okanagan.
4. What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
The best thing about living in the Okanagan is how fresh everything is; fresh people, food, wine, and of course apple juice from Davidson’s Orchard.
5. What is your favourite food?
My favorite food is Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms; I could eat them all day!
6. Where in the world have travelled to? What took you there?
I have traveled many places a majority in Europe as a child vacationing with my family. I have also travelled all over the world for work opportunities; I worked on a cruise ship that took me to Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, and Vanuatu. I have traveled to Whistler, Sydney, Vernon, and South Carolina for jobs as well. As for personal travel I have been to The Gold Coast, Cannes, Tasmania and Perth in Australia, the South Island of New Zealand, New York, the west coast of the US and Calgary to the Calgary Stampede.
7. Which destination would you most like to visit and why?
I would like to go to Italy, I have been there as a child but I really want to experience it as an adult. There is so much history and beautiful attractions to see such as the Vatican and Rome.
8. What is your favorite book?
I don’t have a favorite book but I love Harry Potter. I like a lot of different kinds of books but at the moment I am very interested in crime mystery novels and I am slowly making my way through Moby Dick as it is on my bucket list to finish.
9. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
To make everyone happy!
10. Who has been your hero? Someone that you look up to in life?
I have had a lot of great people in my life that have influenced me but I could not pick one person in particular to call “my hero”. I make my own way through life and take advice when I need it along the way.
11. How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I incorporate health and wellness into my life by doing yoga, hiking, gardening and eating local fresh veggies and fruit.