1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH US AT SPARKLING HILL?
I have been working for Sparkling Hill Resort since June 2016.
2. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESORT?
The overall concentration, I have lots of health issues myself and find the resort and its health and wellness focus provides positive reinforcement.
3. WHAT IS YOUR ROLE AND WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR ROLE LOOK LIKE?
I am a front end and restaurant supervisor, I generally work five to seven hours a day. Other tasks include greeting guests, ensuring customer satisfaction, overseeing employees and assisting in management duties.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR JOB/WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST SATISFYING?
It’s a fun environment and I enjoy interacting on a regular basis with the guests.
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO “WOW” A GUEST, OR MAKE A GUEST’S DAY?
I am a qualified Sommelier (a wine steward or wine expert) which benefits the guests beacuse I am great at wine pairing guests meals.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
I am originally from Ottawa, I have been serving for seventeen years and previosuly was an assistant manager at a fine Italian restaurant.
2. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
I am passionate about being successful, my health and wine.
3. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST DURING YOUR FREE TIME? WHAT ARE YOU FAVOURITE HOBBIES?
I love the beaches, skiiing and enjoying the beautiful BC weather.
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE OKANAGAN?
I love the culture, the wine valleys and the weather.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?
I have a restricted diet but I love to eat steak and pasta when I can.
6. WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE TRAVELLED TO? WHAT TOOK YOU THERE?
I have travelled all over the Carribean, Eastern seaboard, Mexico and parts of United States such as California, mostly personal vacations.
7. WHICH DESTINATION WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT AND WHY?
Italy, the culture and wine.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK?
Anything Dan Brown.
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
10. WHO HAS BEEN YOUR HERO? SOMEONE THAT YOU LOOK UP TO IN LIFE?
Grandfather, he was a World War II survivor, he taught me to play hockey and was always a postive influence.
11. HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE HEALTH AND WELLNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?
I have to due to certain health issues, down time is mandatory. I ensure I always get enough sleep, eat healthy, go to the gym and allow myself time to de-stress.